Vortex VVX Series
Our Vortex VVX series flow sensors offer the following compelling features:
- Solid state flow sensor with no moving parts for liquids → no mechanical wear
- Rugged glass fibre reinforced plastic ensures highest strength and performance
- Completely encapsulated piezoceramic sensor to detect the vortices → thus no direct contact with the medium
- Wide measuring span (1:20)
- Temperature sensor integrated
- Output signals: an analogue voltage signal and / or pulse signal is available for the flow, and a resistance or analogue signal is available for the temperature.
- High interference resistance
- Wetted parts metal-free
- Thread connection or QuickFasten
VVX 15 flow sensors are used for measuring water flow at low and medium measurement ranges. One such application area is heating systems.
Alternate vortices rotating in opposite directions are generated behind a bluff body immersed in a flow. The vortices detach from the edges of the bluff body and form a Kármán vortex street in the fluid stream. The distance between the single vortices is constant. The frequency of the vortices flowing past a sensor depends on the flow rate and is proportional to the flow. The sensor detects these vortices which are then converted to an electrical frequency signal.